How to Take Optimum Care of Your Abacus
The Abacus has been designed for maximum versatility and effectiveness, with interchangeable parts made of materials that can be easily cleaned and disinfected.
- WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD – do NOT use with children under 3 years of age – end caps and spacers are small enough to be swallowed.
- Adult supervision required for use with children 3 to 12 years of age.
- Keep fngers away from open slots when opening/closing the slots to insert/remove ball assemblies –avoid getting your fngers caught in a slot.
- Do NOT leave the gel-balls in extreme heat or exposed to the sun for extended periods.
- Do NOT leave gel-balls on newsprint or similar media – the print may “tattoo” the balls (like silly putty).
- Do NOT stand on the Abacus. Use of the Abacus for foot compression may damage the device.
- Proceed with CAUTION if using the Abacus for feet, as sliding a foot between axles may damage the frame.
- For more of a silky feel, apply a small amount of cornstarch to the gel-balls.
- Disinfectant wipes (no bleach) such as Purell, Lysol, Clorox or similar products of any other brand.
- Diluted mild dish soap (no degreasing agents) and water – use a sparing amount of dish soap. WARNING: High concentration of dish soap with degreasing agents may damage the gel-ball material, resulting in gradual hardening and shrinkage.
- Do NOT submerge the frame – water may become trapped inside the frame.
- Isopropyl alcohol works well to clean and disinfect the Abacus.
- Vegetable or vegetable-based products